Home Forums Australian Racing & Events 2016 Jervis Bay Regatta 1-2 Oct 16

• Creator
    Topic
    wetaz904
    Participant

Canberra Vs The Coasties?
    The traditional season opener in the mostly enclosed waters of Jervis Bay is great Weta territory and Wetas have become the biggest class at the event with participants from NSW, ACT and VIC all making the pilgrimage to the event.
    Will it be the light wind experts from Canberra who triumph this year or can the coastal sailors get ahead?
    Racing starts on Saturday 1st with the warning signal at 12.30 and 11.00 on Sunday 2nd. The NOR for the event is here.
    Save $10 and register in advance using the registration form here for $50 or you can register at the club on Saturday for $60.
    Will Geoff Waldron manage to keep his boat while fetching his trolley?
    Will Paul manage to avoid hitting another boat?

Why sail at Jervis Bay?
    Jervis Bay is recognised as one of the best sailing venues in Australia. The waters are a pristine Marine Park. There are virtually no navigation hazards and boat traffic is light. The oval shaped bay is 15 km (7 nautical miles) long and 8 km (4 nautical miles) wide. Depth ranges from 10-20 m over most of the bay. The enclosed bay is partially sheltered, but southerly swells enter the bay and wind driven waves increase the excitement when racing. The winds are generally steady and persistent throughout the year, with 15-20 knot NE winds a feature during summer. Winds are generally around 10-15 knots on most days, less during Spring and Autumn. See a Map of Jervis Bay as PDF
    Accommodation
    Stayz have apartments and houses from $200/night, AirBNB from $148/night, Camping or Cabins atJervis Bay Cabins & Caravan Park from $140/night.
    Let us know you’re coming
    You can view and register your attendance on the Weta calendar here.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by wetaz904.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by wetaz904.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Paul White
      Keymaster
      • City: Sydney
      • Weta Sail Number: 1300
      Up
      Down
      ::

There are some suggestions on the bottom of the newsletter:

Accommodation
      Stayz have apartments and houses from $200/night, AirBNB from $148/night, Camping or Cabins at Jervis Bay Cabins & Caravan Park from $140/night.

pete.mrtn
      Participant
      Up
      Down

has anyone got any ideas on accommodation in Callala bay, I know I have left it late, but I wasn’t sure if I would be there at all (haven’t got my boat yet, driving from Sydney to tweed heads tomorrow to get the boat!) missus and 2 kids are coming, any ideas welcome.

pete

IanR
      Participant
      Up
      Down

I am waiting delivery of a new Weta – which has been delayed again. I was planning to attend the Jervis Bay regatta – will still do so if anyone wanted to either loan or charter a boat !

wetaz904
        Participant
        Up
        Down

Hi Ian,

Glenn Marney is from Jervis Bay and cannot sail his boat due to health issues.  Perhaps he would lease his to you.

Where is your home club?

http://www.weta.com.au/contact.html

IanR
        Participant
        Up
        Down

Hi Leigh, Paul talked with Glenn and he is apparently not keen as he is trying to sell his boat and its not currently insured.

I sail out of Port Kembla Sailing Club – on Lake Illawarra

wetaz904
        Participant
        Up
        Down

Hi Ian,

Sounds good.  Keep us in the loop re any regatta’s you have down there that would be suitable for Weta’s.

Have visited Lake Illawarra for regattas in other classes.

L

IanR
        Participant
        Up
        Down

The Kembla Klassic is a good regatta at PKSC. I will not sail the Weta in that though as its Sharpie states.

pete.mrtn
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Hi Leigh,

Sail number is 1098.

Haven’t worked out if I’m joining Palm Beach or Woolahra yet..

pete.mrtn
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Hi Guys,

Just bought a weta. Hopefully will pick it up next weekend and head down to Jervis Bay the following weekend.

Looking forward to meeting everyone,

Pete.

wetaz904
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Hi Guys,

At this stage I probably won’t be able to make it this year.

Good Luck!

Leigh

wetaz904
        Participant
        Up
        Down

Hi Pete,

Congratulations on your purchase.  It is a great boat, fast and forgiving.

What is your sail number and home club?

Leigh

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.