Home Forums Australian Racing & Events Jervis bay regatta who's coming ?? oct 2014

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    WETA NSW
    Participant

Hi Guys have been asked how many are coming to the event by other owners , people trying to figure out if there will be any other weta’s there .

My boat will be there  , Leigh from ACT, Geoff  from Woolhara, Geoaff from dee why ? , anybody else just yes or no remember 10 boats we get our own start

Glenn

thats 4 so far

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      wetaz904
      Participant
      Up
      Down
      ::

<iframe src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/4JjRNdGaHn0?list=UU4UeFbY0woe4T0DlMhn_bWw” width=”854″ height=”510″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=”allowfullscreen”></iframe>

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by wetaz904.
      wetaz904
      Participant
      Up
      Down

jb geoff

wetaz904
      Participant
      Up
      Down

jervis bay, closer look

wetaz904
      Participant
      Up
      Down

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="1024"]jervis bay geoff waldon[/caption]

wetaz904
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Weta action at Jervis Bay with Weta stunt sailor Geoff Waldon.

WETA NSW
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Thanks for that Leigh , yes by the sounds of it Alistair and his younger brother  Will ?  where setting the pace , Sat  did look fresh to frightening from what i saw . Thanks again to Geoff RC for the fossil gifts he donated to the Regatta ,

I think Will needs to ditch the Hobie 16 and get a Weta like his Dad and Brother after his effort on the w/end .

I certainly Hope all the Guys had a good time and strengthened the Weta Family relationship , i wish i had been able to stay longer and participate ( at least on Sunday ) it would have been good to be in a 11 strong fleet of Weta’s .

Thank you to the Guys from the ACT who made the trip and Also a big Hello to Peter Graham our latest owner ,also Andy  who was in his 1st Weta event.

The ACT Titles are shaping up to be a great event especially if we have 10 + Boats competing I wonder if Will can borrow DADS boat and give the ol guys a bit of a touch up ?  if Not ill lend him mine so they can compete against each other .

I heard that 4-5 guys are looking to sail/race on the pittwater on a regular basis or at the Palm beach Cat Club this is great news the more exposure we get the better for the class and the more FUN you guys have Racing each other !

It was good to see Dylon and Peter both having their sons crew for them at the w/end  i intend to do the same what a great way to spend time with your boys and teach them something as well they are the future of sailing in Australia.

I will endeavour to make it to Canberra if only to support and watch the racing i will consult with my DR and see what he says  about the car ride over the Mtn i mean the spiritual leader should be there right LOL

cheers

Glenn

wetaz904
      Participant
      Up
      Down

PS to our spiritual leader, Glenn, it was not the same without the giant Weta trailer and your sunny self.  Be patient post op and come back better than ever next season.

wetaz904
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Hi JB Weta-ers,

Nice to meet all of you at JB.   Extremely spirited conditions on Saturday (28 kts consistent reported) caused us a bit of commotion.  Thanks to everyone who helped boats coming back in to get derigged and safely on the beach.   Some very nice sailing on Sunday.   Including a very competent capsize drill by Geoff W.

Well done Alistair, looks like you will be setting the standard for the rest of us!

Also an “onya” to Geoff Clifton for donating two very nice prizes, one to the best in fleet and the other to the winning Weta.

Look forward to seeing all of you in Canberra in two weeks,

Leigh

WETA NSW
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Ok Boys and girls the Jervis bay sailing club page is back up and running it is jervisbaysailingclub.org

I have emailed you all the NOR and the registration i think so if you didn’t get one let me know, or go to their page go down to special events in the menu and you will find it all in there  also the date’s

I am still trying to get a hold of the commodore to see if we need 6 or 10 boats to get our own start ?

It looks like about 8 boats will be there at least ,a brand new owner will be there aswell so play nice guys as  you do always . I will pressure the commodore to see if 8 boats is enough not 10

1 ) Dylon  B

2) Geoff the fossil

3) Geoff  W

4) Peter D R

5) Leigh N      ( ACT)

6) Weta NSW

7) Paul W

8) Peter G  ( New owner ) syd

9) Andy weiss   (ACT )

Well thats 9 guys we need just 1 more to be assured our own start , looking forward to seeing everyone at the bay will be a great w/end

WETA NSW
      Participant
      Up
      Down

no worries pete be good too see you

Glenn

Up
      Down

Hi Glenn, you can add me to the list going to Jarvis bay on the October long weekend.
      Also add me to the Canberra Multi hull titles, I have already booked my accommodation at both locations and am looking forward to catching up with all the other Weta owners. Cheers Pete
      Triwetasaurus925

WETA NSW
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Hi Paul i made inquiries about this the other day i was told there site was deleted by the  web host ? and they  are working to get it up ASAP.

Thats all i can tell you im afraid

Glenn

Paul White
      Keymaster
      • City: Sydney
      • Weta Sail Number: 1300
      Up
      Down

Does anyone have the link to the NOR?

The Jervis Bay Sailing Club website is down.

WETA NSW
      Participant
      Up
      Down

OK Dylon glad too see you coming im not sure if I will be sailing but if i do it will be with 1 of my sons , my Boat will be sailing with or with out me that’s for sure

Ok so that’s 5 Boats with

Dylon

Leigh

Glenn

Geoff W

Geoff R C

Half way to our 10 boat start its going to be a good event by the looks

Glenn

Dylon
      Participant
      Up
      Down

I will be at the Jervis Bay event

Depending on the conditions may sail two up with 10 year old or solo.

alistairking
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Hi Glenn I can’t commit to J.Bay yet, but I am coming to Canberra

Cheers

Alistair

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.