Home Forums Australian Racing & Events Toukley Sailing Club Brass Monkey Regatta June long weekend

• Creator
    Topic
    alistairking
    Participant

Hi all

I have not come across any info for this year’s regatta apart from a footnote in their 2013-14 calendar on the website, but it seems to be a popular event in the 20 years that it has been running. Could be a good mid-winter regatta for the Wetas?

Here is a link to their website, I’ll let you know if any info becomes available. June long weekend.

I presume Weta’s would be welcome – they had cats and mono’s last year

Best wishes to all

Alistair

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      alistairking
      Participant
      Up
      Down
      ::

Yep, that was David (Dad). It was one of his first outings on his boat and he had the angle of the mainsheet cleat such that it was difficult to uncleat. Sure enough he got hit by a bullet and over he went. It seemed to be in super slow motion as I sailed past him. Anyway he got it back up again and continued the race.

Good video Geoff, it’s funny how the camera always seems to halve the apparent wind strength and wave size. It was actually pretty darn windy at times!

WETA NSW
      Participant
      Up
      Down

hey geof fat the 1.05 mark in the vid who is the trimaran capsized in the bottom left of picture ? its not one of ors is it ?

Geoff W
        Participant
        Up
        Down

It is Alistair Kings dad. There were some strong gusts. I did a pitch pole the previous day myself.

Geoff W

Geoff W
      Participant
      Up
      Down

This is the url of a utube of Toukley regatta.

alistairking
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Hi everyone

The Entry form and NOR are now available – see the home page

http://www.toukleysailingclub.com/index.html

Looks like

2 heats Sat afternoon

1 heat Sunday morning, 2 Sunday afternoon

1-2 heats Monday morning

I haven’t sailed out of Toukley before but I know the area a little – looks pleasant enough, with grassy area right down to waters edge. I have sailed in that body of water previously, but from Long Jetty sailing club (which I am not sure exists any more). Toukley is easy to access from the M1(F3) heading north. It is not as far north as Lake Macquarie.

I don’t know if I could dedicate an entire long weekend away from my family, but depending on how others feel we could maybe have a regatta within a regatta? Perhaps Do Sunday only? (Given that it is 3 races that day). Just throwing some ideas out there…

Best wishes

Alistair

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.